According to Arbor Day Foundation, research is proving in study after study that trees are beneficial for mental and physical health.
Shady trees protect us from the sun and draw people outdoors, creating an environment for social interaction that helps build positive relationships. Trees help us relax and reduce stress.
The Healing Power of Trees
Some of the results found by science are:
- Better mood states
- Improved attention for work or study
- Calming anger and anxiety
- Reducing mental fatigue
- Shorter hospital stays
- Better problem solving
- Increased feelings of empowerment
- More nurturing characteristics
- Decrease of seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Improved workplace satisfaction
Who doesn’t love driving down a street with a canopy of trees or walking in a park with huge trees caressing the sky? Trees are wonderful.
Plant a tree today.
For more tips on living, check out my blog.
Please note, this article first appeared in the West Plaza Neighborhood Association Newsletter, November-December 2018 issue on page 3.